Wednesday, July 2, 2014


It's an absolutely beautiful morning, and I find myself, painting more on wood, than canvas. I love the way the texture of the wood flows through the paint, and I find it interesting that I can paint the exact scene on canvas, and have a completely different "matte" look.

As a female full-time artist, I would never imagine,..picking up power tools.. yet now, I find myself more and more in Lowe's, Home Depot, and really the tool section of any store! You would be amazed at what stores throw out as well! I have a wide selection of old glass mirrors, old cupboard doors, wood from torn buildings, barn wood,.. and so much more in storage units around town.


I made all of these cool, awesome and unique pieces, from a wooden restaurant being torn down by the marina. I am big believer in recycling, and I really hate to throw anything away that could still be at use!  You can find these cool pieces in my store, and many more like it! It really wasn't my intention.. however, I am now becoming known as the "Artist that paints on wood" .. formerly, and also known as "Artist barbie on 30A" but hey, I will take any form of recognition as an artist.. as long as it IS RECOGNIZED :) I hope everyone has a very creative and inspirational day !

No comments:

Post a Comment